What is an FR-44 form also called FR44 Insurance? Why do I need it?
An FR-44 form is a financial responsibility filing required by the Florida and Virginia Departments of Motor Vehicles. The FR-44 form is not insurance in itself, rather it is a filing indicating that you are in compliance with the law after a DUI or driving with a suspended license conviction.
In order to obtain an FR-44, your policy must meet certain criteria:
• You must carry a minimum of $100,000 per person for bodily injury coverage and $300,000 per accident for bodily injury coverage
• You must carry a minimum of $50,000 for property damage coverage
These limits are much, much higher than the state required minimum limits of $10,000/$20,000/$10,000 for the state of Florida.
As a result, this means the premium will be higher as well.
• Your premium must be paid in full for the entire policy term
• Your premium is non-refundable for any reason
Other facts to note about FR-44 certification:
• You must have your FR-44 for at least 3 years from the date of suspension
• If your case number begins with a 2 or a 4, an FR-44 is required
• You are required to have an FR-44 certificate on file with the DMV, even if you do not own a vehicle
• The FR44 is in addition to the usual penalties that you must pay for like fines, license suspension, and jail time
We can provide FR-44 forms for your FR-44 Insurance and file them electronically with the Florida DMV.
Let us take the hassle out of filing your FR-44 forms!
FR-44 Insurance, DUI Insurance, FR44 Forms, FR44 Filing, DWI Insurance